Chiropractic Care in Coquitlam & Port Coquitlam
As a chiropractor in Coquitlam, the team at Momentum Therapeutics provides the care you need to keep moving, whether for sport or for daily life. For your convenience, we are open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday for Chiropractic Care. Dr. Sonia Deol offers custom Orthotics. Online booking is available by clicking on the link on the left menu. Dr. Sonia Deol's biography and schedule are shown below.
A visit with our chiropractor will begin with our friendly staff asking about your history, and performing an evaluation (if needed). One of several different treatment techniques can be provided. The first visit will be 45 minutes to allow time for all the history and evaluation. Subsequent visits are much shorter. Our Chiropractor may adjust, or perform soft tissue treatment if they feel it will be in your body's best healing interest.
Fees will be $100 for your first visit and include a $40 consultation fee and $60 treatment fee.
(For your first visit expect to be with the Chiropractor for 45 minutes)
Please respect our time, and be aware to our 24 hour cancellation policy. A fee will apply for your missed appointment if less notice is given.
Dr. Sonia Deol BSc. Kin, DC, ART (Schedule TBD)
Dr. Sonia Deol graduated from the University of Alberta with a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology in 2008. She then went on to the University of Western States in Portland, Oregon to obtain her Doctorate in Chiropractic and Bachelor of Science in Human Biology in 2011. Dr. Deol practices diversified full body chiropractic manipulation and is a provider of Active Release Techniques® (ART) and Graston Technique®. Dr. Deol's athletic background in volleyball, basketball, yoga and running has led to her interest in sports injuries and their recovery. In the summer of 2011, Dr. Deol volunteered as an ART provider at the Subaru Ironman Canada in Penticton, BC where she had the opportunity to treat many elite athletes. Dr. Deol is a firm believer that patient education is very important for injury prevention and recovery, as well as wellness care.
Outside of the clinic, Dr. Deol has a passion for travel and experiencing the cultures and foods of the world. She also enjoys yoga, hiking, and is training for her next half-marathon this fall.
The Chiropractor Port Coquitlam Needs
What exactly, can be treated by a chiropractor? Port Coquitlam and Coquitlam patients usually come to Momentum Therapeutics for treatment when they have back or neck pain.
Chiropractors see Port Coquitlam and Coquitlam patients when they need treatment for headaches, also. But these doctors can treat spinal alignment issues that cause musculoskeletal or nerve pain in other areas, too. X-rays often are used to detect exactly where the problem lies - and discomfort can pop up in a number of places when the spinal nerves are involved!
- Sciatica is a very common chiropractic problem. The sciatic nerve, located in the lower back, runs down the back of each leg and ends at the foot. When this nerve becomes pinched or compressed in the lower back, a sharp pain can develop in the buttock or at any point along the back of a leg. By adjusting the spine, a chiropractor can easily resolve sciatica.
- Limb length discrepancy is also very common. Is one of your legs shorter than another, causing an imbalance in your gait? A chiropractor will assess your gait and your leg length to determine the cause. Is it a postural problem? Pelvic tilt? A birth defect? Knowing the cause will help the doctor get rid of your discomfort.
- Headaches or migraines may not seem like a chiropractic issue, but they are. Your spinal nerves reach into your head, don't they? So doesn't it make sense that adjusting your spine for proper alignment would take pressure off those nerves? Treatment by a chiropractor is an excellent way to relief your headache, especially one that has lasted for more than one day.
- You've probably already experienced back strain. This malady, which involves overstretched or torn muscles and ligaments, can be treated by a chiropractor. If you experience sharp pain, a burning sensation or a dull ache after lifting too much weight or playing a strenuous sport, come see us at Momentum Therapeutics.
- Herniated disc is a condition that occurs primarily in the lower back or the neck. The disc moves out of place and pushes on a nearby nerve, pain and even weakness in arms and legs can occur. Your Momentum Therapeutics chiropractor in Coquitlam will adjust your spine and possibly recommend exercises and ice packs on the area of discomfort.
These are just a few of the more common symptoms that bring folks in to see our chiropractor in Coquitlam. Other conditions include degenerative disk disease, myofascial issues, osteoarthritis and more - all of which can be treated by a chiropractor. Port Coquitlam and Coquitlam, it's time to stop suffering! If you're in pain, book an appointment with Momentum Therapeutics today and see how effective chiropractic treatment can be.